Friday, September 2, 2016

About Me

I'm just a simple person.  Isn't that how every humblebragger starts?  You know when you hear those words that someone is just waiting for you to ask them about themselves, and it's usually pretty irritating.  Just tell me how awesome you are and get it over with already!  Right?  

Ok, so I guess I'll skip the humble part and just get to the bragging.  

 My name is Julie Daelhousen and I'm an artist, designer, gardener, and homemaker extraordinaire.  As I write this, I'm two weeks away from my 32nd birthday (yay cake!) and I feel like I'm just starting to really live my life.  I'm married to an amazing programmer guy, and we live happily in a little city home with our two cats.  We don't have any kids and don't plan on having any. 

I've been doing art since I was 14, but I've been creative my entire life.  I've always loved crafts, cooking, sewing, needle work, drawing, 3D art; you name a form of art/crafts and I bet I've tried it at least once in my life.  I haven't done any kind of preforming arts, unless you count singing, because I'm a pretty ungraceful kind of person (though heaven knows I try). 

For my entire adult life, I've been trying to figure out what I want to do with these talents of mine.  Should I do fine art and sell in a gallery?  Should I be a video game artist?  Freelance artist?  Should I sell my crafts at craft shows?  Or on Etsy?  I've actually tried all of the above and was never really happy with any of it. 

But recently I started to design craft patterns, and finally I'm beginning to see that this is the path for me.  I get so excited when I get a new idea.  It fills me with so much joy to see my designs come to life!  I can't wait to work on it every day.  This is what I'm supposed to be doing, I just know it. 

So this blog is where I want to share what I'm doing in my designing journey, maybe make some friends who have similar interests, vent when things aren't going so great, post some free patterns here and there.  I hope you'll join me in my journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment